To My Darling Aeryn,
It was exactly one year ago, December 16th, that the family court ruled that Papa and I could be your parents. You were put into my arms at around 7 pm on a cold and rainy night. I drove us back to the hotel so excited that we were beginning our lives together. I gave you your bottle and some baby food, bathed you, and when you went to sleep in the portacrib, I packed for our trip to Hawaii. We had an early morning flight on the 17th. I felt terrible having to take you out in what turned out to be freezing rain at the airport, but somehow I managed to get you, me, the carseat, and suitcases all inside and checked in. You were amazingly happy and social on the flight home. You slept on my lap and when you were awake you jumped and played with me and people seated near us. We finally got to Honolulu that night and a very excited and happy Papa met us at the airport. As he took you out of the carseat at our house, some friends came by to meet you and congratulate us. We were all exhausted but really happy.
I cannot tell you what a blessing you have been to both Papa and myself. You bring us incredible joy, laughter, sweetness. You truly are our darling. I love you so much! Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment