Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving







It could have been pretty dull around here with Tom away and none of the older kids coming home for Thanksgiving. But, I am so thankful that I have the kind of "hanai" family here where friends of all ages get together to have a big Thanksgiving dinner! I made turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, and pumpkin pies. Friends brought everything from pupus to more and more pies and homemade rolls and green bean casserole and specialty potatoes and corn casserole, and drinks, and more that I am not even thinking of right now. It was a huge spread and we had a lot of fun putting it on and eating it. Afterwards, some played frisbee in the back yard and then a card game of "Phase 10". Aeryn didn't care too much about the food - she was just excited that her best buddy, Nate, was here. Alex gave her many piggyback rides, too, because Aeryn kept saying "again". At the end of the evening, 5 of the "kids" played in the hot tub, which they needed after washing up a ton of dishes for me! It was such a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment