Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blue Angels

Today the Blue Angels are practicing for their big show on Saturday - but who needs to see the show? They are flying over the house and all around Kailua and Kaneohe Bay. The sound is amazing - I don't know how Aeryn is napping. She got to see them while we were at Dawn's house swimming in her pool. They fly so close together in formation! Then at home, I saw them from the driveway making a turn in front of Mokapu mountain and they were only about halfway up the mountain so must have been 50 feet above the houses there. Yikes! It is quite an impressive show - everyone is excited!
Friday we went over to Kaneohe Bay to watch after we heard the Blue Angels practicing again so I got a few pictures. You'll have to look closely as it is hard to see. One would land and immediately another would take off in the other direction, over the bay. When they were finished, another air show started and has been going on for a few hours with acrobatic planes buzzing over the house. It should be quite a show tomorrow!
Ok, now I've added one more video from Friday afternoon taken from our driveway as they flew overhead. Sometimes I just couldn't get the camera turned on and the button pressed in time because they were so fast but I got a couple of short videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment