Friday, August 27, 2010
Swim Lessons are Over!
We have no pictures since I was in the pool with Aeryn every lesson, but I decided to commemorate the last day of swim lessons with a blog. It was two weeks, 1/2 hour sessions in a freezing pool. The first day the instructor told us she had never taught this course before and had never been around little kids - then asked if anyone had taken the course previously. One mom/baby had, so the instructor asked her what they did - and then that's what we did. On the second day, our class of 4 was down to 2. On the 3rd day we had a private lesson and I thought the other mom/baby had dropped out, too, but they did come back. The goal was to get the babies comfortable in the water and learn to kick, reach, and blow bubbles. Before lessons, Aeryn would jump off the side to me, hang onto the wall and let go to come to me, go underwater, and generally have fun. Now she starts saying "All Done!" about 5 minutes into the lesson. I'm hoping we can get back to having fun in the water! Today after the lesson we got in a hot tub and played and it was so much nicer! To be fair, I think Aeryn was starting to get the hang of it in bubble-blowing, so for $45 we did make some progress :). Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Let's see, should we go to the pool tomorrow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment